Thursday, April 7, 2011

First Stop: Iceland!

So it's been a great trip so far! Icelandair was a wonderful airline, and the man I sat next to also happened to be a retired geologist. We had a delightful conversation, and he was very intrigued by my trip. Flying in it was a bit overcast, but that's nothing new when one lives in Seattle! 
Here's a picture I took flying into Reykjavik, one of the larger towns in Iceland. I quite enjoy the colorful roofing....

Reykjavik 

As soon as I was out of the airport I indulged in the tourist side of me, wandering through the town. Once I'd finished I made my way for Grenivik, where my living situation has been arranged. Here's a picture of the turf house I'm staying in. I'm going to have that earthy aroma in my system for awhile...

Grenivik 

The landscapes are simply gorgeous here. And the people, let me tell you, are just the nicest. (Despite the fact I can barely understand them) 

Well time to hit the sack! I need to get some sleep for tomorrow where I'll be visiting the first stop on my map. 

More tomorrow night my fellow science enthusiasts...



2 comments:

  1. Very interesting, I liked your explanation of Iceland, it seems like you are really there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your description of the place

    ReplyDelete